As works commence on our project, we’ll be taking some additional steps in keeping you up to date with what’s happening.
We’ll provide regular updates here, so check back in to stay informed.
Closure of a Section of Bond Street
As part of the Incorporated Plan for Caulfield Village, we wish to advise you that a section of Bond Street between Heywood and Station Street will ultimately be closed.
- An initial road closure commencing from 23rd March 2015 (refer to the map below for the location of this initial closure) forms part of our permit for construction management and has been developed to keep impact on local residents to a minimum.
- The closure will redirect vehicles that currently use these residential streets as a short cut, back onto the wider roads intended for a higher volume of traffic.
- It is proposed that a smaller section of Bond Street will be permanently closed.
- Alternate driving route signage will be installed and traffic controllers will be present to supervise local traffic, pedestrian and construction vehicle movements during normal working hours.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained along the eastern footpath of Bond St.
We wish to thank you for your patience and understanding. You are welcome to submit any queries you may have via our contact us form and we will respond to you as soon as we can.
1. Initial closure of Bond St between Heywood St and Station St.
2. Local traffic along Bond St will be redirected up Heywood St as a result of the closure.
3. Pedestrian access to be maintained on eastern footpath. Adequate street lighting to be provided.